B.Com. Programme was introduced in 1999. To meet the demand of the course, one more batch was started in the academic year 2017-2018. At present, the department has 18 faculty members with 700 students.
The course opens plenty of opportunities in the field of Commerce, Business and Administration. The department aims at maintaining an academic excellence and equipping students with the skills necessary to face the challenges in the business world. The undergraduate course offers an innovative syllabus which caters varying needs of the students.
There is a blend of theoretical and practical exposure to the students through Seminars, Guest Lectures, and Workshops. The department also facilitates the students to pursue Professional Courses and to appear for Competitive exams by providing them Career Guidance Programmes through expertise from outside organizations. The department also encourages the students to participate in Inter-House Competitions, Inter-Collegiate Technical and Cultural Events to explore their hidden talents and skills.
- B.Com General
- B.Com (CS) Corporate Secretary
Pass in +2 with Commerce and Accountancy.
- To provide knowledge and skills to understand and participate in the challenging business world.
- To develop socially responsible commerce graduates by motivating and preparing them for entrepreneurial and employment excellence.
- To build up innovative and creative thinking among the students through various training in Soft Skill, Computing Skill and Certificate Courses.
- To prepare them for subsequent Post Graduate studies and to achieve success in their professional careers.
- To provide quality education through personalized approach and also to inculcate noble inputs of discipline, creativity, skills and social values.
Scope of the Course:
Commerce is an evergreen course. It prepares the student to take up challenging endeavours in the current competent global scenario. The course provides adequate knowledge in all areas of business to meet global demands through its core subjects like Accounting, Practical Auditing, Taxation, Entrepreneurial Development, Economics, Statistics, Law and Insurance. The course helps the students to gain knowledge and to establish themselves as a successful business capitalist. The course gives wider scope to pursue higher studies or professional courses such as M.Com. M.B.A., M.C.A., CA, ICWA. ACS, CFA etc. The course facilitates to compete with opportunities in reputed companies in different sector.
To be an institute of academic excellence with total commitment to quality education in commerce, management and related fields, with a holistic concern for better life, environment and society.
Empowering students with all the knowledge and guidance that they need to become worthy management professionals.
- Learning through doing.
- Imparting value framework that is global yet national.
- Enable holistic development of personality with a humane and global outlook.
Imparting knowledge of Financial Accounts, Corporate accounts, Cost Accounts, Management Accounts, Business Law, Banking, Marketing, Company Law, Business Taxation, Entrepreneurial Development, Business Environment is at the core of our Undergraduate degree.
|Semester||Major Paper||Allied Paper||Electives|
|I||Financial Accounting I||Business Communication||Business Economics|
|II||Advanced Financial Accounting||Principles of Management||Indian Economy|
|III||Corporate Accounting I, Business Law, Banking Theory Law & Practice, Marketing||Business Statistics and Operation Research I||-|
|IV||Advanced Corporate Accounting, Company Law, Financial Service, Business Taxation||Business Statistics and Operation Research II||-|
|V||Cost Accounting, Practical Auditing, Entrepreneurial Development, Financial Management||-||Income Tax Law & Practice I|
|VI||Advanced Cost Accounting, Management Accounting, Business Environment||-||Income Tax Law & Practice II, Human Resource Management|
Value Added Courses:
- Tally 9.0 versions for III year students.
- GST for II year Students.